Please note: We are closed Monday, August 1st for Natal Day, reopening Tuesday, August 2nd.
2022 TRANSIT: The workhorse for those who get things done
The Transit continues as the most versatile, configurable, and capable commercial van in Canada. For 2022, while Transit’s overall design stays the same (with the exception of the new E-Transit), Ford’s mainstay commercial van does get some upgrades to make work a bit easier.
CHANGES FOR 2022
- All-new electric E-Transit added to lineup (covered on another page)
- SYNC 4 with 12-inch touchscreen added as option on some configurations
- Front and Rear Split-View Camera updated to 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front Washer
- Blind Spot Information System updated to Blind Spot Assist 1.0
- HID Headlamps now available on Cargo Van; included in Adventure Package
- New Intelligent Access with push-button start now available on all models except Cutaway
- New Telematics Essentials standard on all models
- New Reverse Brake Assist available on Cargo Van, Crew Van, and Passenger Van
- New 3-Across seating packages available on Cargo Van, Cutaway, and Chassis Cab
- New High Resolution Digital Camera optional on Cargo Van and Passenger Van
- New Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown available for fleets
- New shelving options added
- Foldable Aluminum Shelving
- Fixed Multi-Level Shelving
- New Auxiliary Fuel Port Extension Line optional on long and extended length Cargo Van
- Updated interior trim options
|Engine||3.5L PFDi V6
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
(An electric-powered Transit is also available.)
|Seating||Up to 15 seats in Passenger Van configuration|
|Towing (maximum)||Passenger Van: 4,600 lbs.
Cargo Van: 6,900 lbs.
Crew Van: 6,500 lbs.
Cutaway/Chassis Cab: 7,500 lbs.
|Payload (maximum)||Passenger Van: 3,420 lbs.
Cargo Van: 5,110 lbs.
Crew Van: 4,230 lbs.
Cutaway/Chassis Cab: 6,400 lbs.
Versions for everyone
The strength of the Transit is its ability to provide the right version at the right time. With a cabin accommodating two, five or up to 15 occupants, the 2022 Ford Transit can meet your most specific requirements for any business thanks to T-150, T-250, and T-350 variants in a number of body styles.
Transit was designed to provide versatility, with a cabin that offers comfort and features necessary for day-to-day use. To maintain comfort, Transit has a long list of standard equipment such as Bluetooth connectivity, two USB ports and air conditioning; a four-way adjustable driver’s seat and a tilting and telescopic steering column further ensures an ideal driving position.
A connected vehicle
The 2022 Transit is also connected to technologies designed to increase the safety and comfort of its occupants. The center console features a choice of a 4-inch non-touch multifunction display, SYNC 3 with 4-inch display, or a brand-new 12-inch touchscreen running SYNC 4. The latter is compatible with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
Thanks to FordPass Connect, you have direct Internet access (with a subscription) for up to 10 connected devices. And fleet managers will no doubt appreciate the standard Ford Telematics Essentials, which can be optionally upgraded to provide necessary information on vehicles on the move.
Power and performance
Since 2020, the Ford Transit has been offered with two different powertrains: the base model featuring a naturally aspirated 3.5- litre V-6 engine, producing 275 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque, and the 3.5-litre turbocharged V-6 engine with 310 horsepower and 410 lb-ft
of torque for more power.
Both engines are coupled to a 10-speed automatic transmission sending power to the rear wheels, unless optioned with all-wheel drive.
When it comes to load capacity, the Transit doesn’t let itself be overwhelmed. It is capable of towing up to 7,500 pounds and can accommodate a payload of up to 6,400 pounds (configuration dependent). Optional electric sliding doors also provide easy access to the cargo area.
While the 2022 Ford Transit may be powerful, it is also among the safest multi-purpose vans in the industry. It features a standard Pre-Crash Assist System, and may also offer a Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System and Adaptive Cruise Control.
The list of safety and driving assistance accessories also includes a collision warning system and adaptive high beam, depending on the option package preferred.
Whether transporting goods or passengers, Transit meets the needs of various businesses more than ever by offering comfort, versatility, reliability and economy.